24 September 2012

Manic Mondays

Well, I have had a crazy couple of weeks!!

Let's start with my DEP call a few weeks ago. Well, I was driving there, when one of my friends called. We usually do our DEP calls at a local "park", with a 2.5 mile path around the lake in the center. Haha. Anyway, my recruiter had decided to do it at a local high school track, so we could do our PT test. So, my friend calls me and tells me there's a football game going on, and there was no way we'd be able to PT out there. She called our recruiter and let him know, so we had to re-route to the park. Bummer. We didn't get to do the PT test, but don't think for a second we got out of it that easy, lol! Our RAPper showed us a little bit of what it was like to PT at SF Tech School. No bueno. My quads were literally sore for 5 days from doing so much stuff. Mostly squats. Lawd. After alllllll that mess, we ran around the lake. It was awful. Yet, my time was somehow almost 10 minutes better than the last time I ran it! I was completely okay with that!

So, that was basically it for DEP call. On to other news.

I received a call yesterday from someone wanting to do my background investigation. I missed the call, but he left a voicemail. I posted about it in my November BMT group, and they all told me to be careful. Apparently, there is some sort of scam related to this going around. So I'm going to head to my recruiter's office in a little bit and discuss it. He was on vacation last week, which sucked. Every time I have something to talk to him about something, he's always on vacation it seems like! But, he'll still reply to my texts and whatnot when he's gone, which I appreciate! It just always seems to happen when I actually stop by his office haha! I had to have a promissory note sent to him for my student loans, and I'm going to head over there to make sure he got it.

Anyway, I feel so lonely these days! All of my September shippers will be gone as of tomorrow. It's weird. I've gotten a bit closer to my November shippers, which I'm very thankful for! Most of the ones I talk to , however, all leave after I do. =[ So if any of you lovelies are leaving Nov 6, please go join our group! Just login to Facebook and search for "USAF BMT November 2012". I would love to get to know anyone and everyone I could be shipping with, or even have in my flight!

I suppose that's all for today. I just feel like I've been running around like a crazy person! I've actually been working a lot! I've decided that my last day will be Oct. 20, and that just can't come fast enough! I officially have 42 days until I step off the bus onto Lackland AFB. It's weird. But, I am so ready for it. My PT was slacking last week, but I'm getting back into this week, I have no option. I'm not about to get there and not be able to run my 1.5 mile. I want to be able to run it in 10 minutes flat by the time I graduate. I definitely think I can manage that. =]

Have an awesome Air Force day, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment