18 October 2012

Say What?!

Holy cow! It's been almost a month since I've last posted! My deepest apologies to you all! I've just been crazy busy. Between PT, writing letters to my September Shippers, work, husband, family, everything! But, I finally quit my job! It's been weird to just sit around and not do anything really.

I only have 18 days left as a civilian! Whaaaaaaat?! It's so surreal. My last post was 42 days out, now I'm almost at 2 weeks. Holy moly. I'm completely packed, though! I'll post a picture, maybe even a video if I can get it to upload, later. I'm so pumped, but the nerves are setting in! My PT has improved tremendously. I can now run for a little over 20 minutes at a time. Andddddd 15 push ups! Woot! It's weird that 2 months ago, I couldn't do any. But, it goes to show that hard work pays off!

I had my last DEP call today. It wasn't our usual PT session. We had to meet the Flight Chief today! He just wanted to answer any questions we might have had, and get to know those of us leaving in the next month, and to make sure we're still qualified. Also to remind us of the ramifications if we did anything stupid. Haha! He was a pretty awesome guy. But, he meant business!

I did my background investigation a while ago, now. I haven't heard anything back from them, so I guess everything went well! It was a 2.5 hour long interview! Phew. It wasn't too bad, though. My interviewer guy was pretty cool. He had been in the Air Force a while back, then joined the National Guard, then was an FBI Agent. He was hardcore.

Anyway, I'll stop here for tonight. I assure you, there will be AT LEAST one more post before I'm off to Lackland! Watch out for my picture/video! Good night, all!

No comments:

Post a Comment